Episode Six - The Hard Thing About Hard Things and the State of DevOps Report, 2021
Ian and Ash discuss venture capitalist Ben Horowitz’s book for startup CEOs, The Hard Thing About Hard Things, and look at the different way organisations create and use platform teams, based on The State of DevOps Report 2021.
- 45:50">The Mists Of Time clip from Episode 5
- Ian’s Other Podcast
- Ash’s Twitter Nemesis - @ashwinter
- Ben Horowitz, Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Ben's book: The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- Ian’s book highlights from The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- The Guardian: Dan Price, CEO of Gravity Payments, who took a $1m salary cut to pay his workers a minimum wave of $70k
- Manager Tools podcast
- State of DevOps Report 2021 (requires a biznass email)
- Martin Fowler* describes what he means by a platform, which has a very strong alignment with what the State of DevOps Report means by a platform
- Excellent talk by Matthew Skelton and Jamie Dobson on treating your platform as a product.
- Team Topologies on what is a thinnest viable platform
- Quote from Bill Gates about what is and isn't a platform (search within the page for "Neither of them are platforms")
- How to scale Brent from the Phoenix Project
* – Actually, although it's on Martin Fowler's blog, it was a post from Evan Bottcher. Ian's mistake - sorry Evan!